Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Travel and Day 1 in Disney

Dec. 1st

This day was rather uneventful really. After getting on the train (nice big one. We called it the 747 of the train world.) I was on the second floor too which I loved. I was tried but listened to my music for an hour and then went to sleep for an hour. I woke up hoping that it would be like 6am but it was only 3am. That sucked. Once morning came we had some really beautiful views. I got some really neat pictures. I will update this journal entry when I have time and add some pictures.

We were late getting to Washington but that did not bother me. Took one hour off my 5 hour wait. But unfortunately this meant no movie. :( Washington train station is a big one. But in 4 hours you can easily see all you want to about 500 times. So I got bored fast. I talked to Krystal and found out our friend Collin is leaving Disney. He was part of our interview group. It is so sad. I still don't know why. He has his throw out the day I arrive. I also called mom. Apparently it was not long distance. Weird.

Anyway I hung out there and got more neat pictures. My train was the ONLY train delayed. That really sucked. But finally it came and I got on and started my long trip. I call this one the DC9 of trains. It is a shitty little one. The room in the bathroom is less then the room at my seats. And yet this one is taking me for the longest trip. And man the crying kids. LOL. Guess it is a sign of what is to come right. LOL. I will have to get used to it sometime. It is just even worse when your trying to sleep. I understand though. At least this kid had it right. Cry when it is bumpy.

Dec. 2nd

I got half hour sleeps here and there. My stomach hurt so much. Both from being cramped up in the way I was sleeping and from just being sore in general. Was I ever happy to see 6am. I am not really awake still but at least it is daylight.

Today I talked to mom for almost an hour. Helps time pass. The views are not THAT great here. Makes me miss going across Canada. There was always something neat to see. And holy cow shaky. Like what is up with that. My computer is not happy about this constant shaking.

Well only a few more hours. It is 8:15am right now. So I have about 4 more hours till I will be packing up my stuff to get off. THAT will be insane. I thought I had problems getting my carry on off at the last train. It will be crazy to have to carry all that PLUS my two pieces of luggage.

Tracey is picking me up at 3pm after her meeting. I am very excited about meeting her. And of course getting to Vista Way. I cant wait to just get to the appartment, throw down my stuff and head out with Krystal to Wal Mart. I need to call my friend Ely from Mexico too when I get there. I cant wait to be there with everyone. I hope I still get to get out to Dinner with Kristy and the others. I really want to meet them. Hopefully something will be planned. They know my cell number AND my appartment number so maybe they can get a hold of me.

I also want to go see Collin one last time. It is sad he is leaving. He is so funny, and I love his blogs.

Well not much else to say. I will add a bit more about my arrival when I get to the appartment and post it online when I get to The Commons. I will also post Krystal's tour of the appartment. I will make my own too sometime but at least you can see from before I get the chance.

-----------------

After I got to the train station I waited about 2 hours for Tracey. It was a good wait Really helped bring the excitement. :) She came and gave me a hug right away. I was so happy. She is so cool and such a nice lady.

She took me to pick up her cute daughter, Elizabeth I believe her name is, and then she took me to Vista Way. Where I was greeted by the Disney Welcome team, got my information, and my pass to leave the commons and then the key to my new home. Tracey then drove me to my new home. I am sharing with Krystal.

After getting unpacked and cleaned up a little (Krystal got me a new shirt which is totally me.) We left for Disney Studios so I could go on Tower of Terror. Man that ride really is like a drug to me. I go once and I need to go more and more. I love it. What fun it was. We then went on the Great Movie Ride. That was fun too.

Unfortunately I forgot my pass to get on the Disney Cast Bus, so we had to cab it back. I felt bad. But I will pay Krystal back by taking her out to dinner tonight. The security at the gate was great. I am so happy they were nice and let me in. I must remember it tonight though.

I got back and had a shower. Feel a little better but my stomach sucks. I met Norah just a few seconds ago while typing this. She is from Germany and shares the other room in this appartment with a girl from France.

Now we are going to catch the bus at 8:59pm to go to Downtown Disney for supper. I am hoping Ely from Mexico can go too. Norah got the phone now and Krystal tells me that now we wont be getting it back. So I am going to ask Ely what appartment she is in and maybe stop by on the way.

Tonight is Collin's throw out. I am so sad he is leaving. I am happy I will get to go to it. My Throw in is tomorrow. So I will at least get to meet the Canadians before I get there. I knew Collin so I wanted to go and apparently they are cool with me coming. YAY.

Well I am going to get ready now. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. I still have to make my bed. I will do that when I get home. I have to be at the clubhouse for 8:30am. I get to meet everyone then take a bus to Vista Way, and then shuttle back to The Commons for 1:30pm. So I think I might come back here and unpack a bit more.

Thursday I have a meeting at 12:30pm. It goes till 2:30pm... or well the last presentation starts then. Friday is my day off.

No comments: